Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Two days of Classes

This place is amazing! We keep saying to each other that everyone in our church back home should experience this, from young to old. The musicians here are so talented. Worship like we have never experienced. We had corporate worship yesterday with around 450 people all on their knees bowing before God. Darlene Cunningham (the founder) spoke yesterday. Mike and I had tears while she spoke. One thing she said that stood out to me is "if we do the possible God will do the impossible". It's no coincidence that I named my blog Mission Possible! Mike signed up to be security for the Ironman Triathalon at the end of October. My hat goes off to the atheletes that can do this in the humidity here. Mike is in great demand here doing plumbing as they haven't had anyone on maintenance for months. He was just itching to get at it! We had a local guy speak today on the history of the islands. Did you know that Hawaii was the last island God created? He left the best for last! We watched another hula dance for class. It was the daughter and grandaughter of one of our teachers. I got talking to this teacher after the dance and found out she adopted a three year old from Tawaiin. The girl is now 23. So I picked her brain on their experience. Such a divine moment I had! Maelyn is snorkeling right now with her class. I can't wait to hear about it.
God is raising up a generation of young people that are so radical about their faith. It just blesses us so much to watch and talk to these kids from the ages of 17 to late 20's with their tattoos, piercings, all nationalities, amazing music ablities and see them sold out to Jesus, wanting to reach their generation!

Would love to see more comments so I know more than just Michael is reading this. Peace out to the guys in my home! Aloha everyone else xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home