Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Father heart of God

This week we are learning about the nature and character of God. So far we have learned he is personal, uncreated and eternal. I find it interesting that Islam has many names for God but not father. We are learning about the Father Heart of God. This is hard for some as their earthly father didn't show the love they so longed for. It tends to make it hard to see God as a father when maybe we don't know what that looks like. There was crying in the class that day as God was healing broken hearts. We watched a clip similar to the one that was shown at our church about thefather who has a son with cystic fibrosis (or something like that). This son wanted to go in marathons but because of his physical disability he couldn't. So the father teamed up with the son and they did the marathons together. The video we saw was the two of them doing the ironman last year. So moving! It showed the crowds cheering them on at the finish line as the dad carried the son. It brings me to tears just typing this. It so beautifully reflects our heavenly father's love towards us as he carries us to the finish line. It reminds me of the famous "Footprints" poem. We were given the "Father's Love Letter". If you've never read it go to www.FathersLoveLetter.com I'd type it here but it's sorta long. I absolutely love it! It's different scriptures written in the form of a love letter from God the Father to you his child. It becomes so personal. We had to share what impressed us the most after reading it. I told the class that when I read the part that says... You were not a mistake. For all your days are written in my book. I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live... it made me think of Maelyn and how she was not a mistake. God knew her before she was conceived in her birth mother's womb. He knew she would be abandoned in China. He stayed right with her and kept her safe until she was found. He knew that a family in Canada would raise her and she would be born in 1999 because she would influence people during this time frame, with her life and her prayers. Which she already has so far! I can't wait to see what God does with the rest of her life. Aloha!

1 Comments:

Blogger joni said...

Hi guys, I just got your blog address from Jes. I read all your blog entries and its so exciting to hear whats going on. God is so good. I , too, believe God is going to move mightily in this generation and has already begun. May He bless your socks off as you in turn are a blessing to those around you.
Keep bloggin' gurl...its a gift! love yas, Joni.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home